Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A day off

Took a day off work yesterday, since I worked through much of the week-end finishing up an order that had to be shipped yesterday. It was a relief to send it out, and I think my customer will be happy. Hope so!

JF and I tried a tai chi qigong class in the morning and really enjoyed it. Very soothing and flowing kind of movements, focussing on the breathing and energy flow. Shared pizza with some friends after that and then went to rent a movie; we got "The Recruit" with Al Pacino and Colin Farrell.

I thought it would be the kind of movie where I may want to get up and do something else. I swear, I have the attention span of a gnat. I know it's not fair to JF, since he likes to just sit and watch a move together, but unless I'm really in the mood to just sit, I will be making pendant bails while watching or putting together earrings while watching or fiddling with something or other while watching. Anyway, this movie was actually rather entertaining, although the script was pretty darn cheesey. If I hear, "Nothing is what it seems" again I think I'll scream. I felt a little bad for Mr. Pacino if this is the kind of movie he has to make these days; same kind of crotchety, bossy character he played in "Scent of a Woman," which was god-awful.

Last Saturday was spent over at a friends' house, where we finally got to meet little Noam (pronounced No-am, not gnome) who was born in December. Here he is with his dad. Can you tell that Daddy is proud?

On the work front, I know I've been saying that I'm working on new things, and I swear it's true! I'll spend today working on these a little more and hopefully have something to show for it (or that I'll want to show publicly) in a short bit (how vague is that?)...

1 comment:

High Desert Diva said...

nothing wrong with being a multi-tasker!