Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Paper, paper, paper, rat

You probably know that I love paper. I just love it. Which is why I tend to hoard it. I've been calling myself a paper hoarder, but I also don't have a storage system or shelves that can keep large sheets of paper readily accessible and visible. One day when I have a humungous studio, they will have a lovely home and they will be seen. And I'll probably live up to my "paper hoarder" title by still not using them! I took these sheets of bingata that I bought in Tokyo, out of my zipped up portfolio after almost four months of confinement. I'm sure they're happy to see the light of day.

I’m very happy with these cards, made with my favourite paper, with the glossy raised crests, or mon, printed on them.

This paper in the gorgeous eggplanty purple is just so saturated with colour, I want to lick it. I didn’t though.
And I'm rather excited about this, a limited edition pendant, made with a current Canadian stamp. Canada Post has issued a New Year’s stamp every year since 1997 to correspond with the year and the animal in the Chinese lunar cycle. 2008 is the year of the Rat, the first year in the cycle and the last stamp in this series. It was designed by Toronto illustrator Harvey Chan. These stamps are already sold out in many postal outlets, but I got my hands on some! You can read more about the stamps here, and find the pendant in my Etsy shop!

3 comments:

Felicia said...

Beautiful cards :)

tatsuko said...

thanks!

High Desert Diva said...

lovely cards
and I like the way you shaped the pendant around the shape of the stamp