Friday, May 11, 2007

The week-end is already here...

This week just flew by. Completed an order that I'll send out on Monday, made some new earrings that you'll see samples of below. Got some exciting news about a project scheduled for September... but I'll tell you about that another time :)

I haven't posted this particular card in my Etsy shop, but I really like the way it turned out; maybe that's why I didn't post it! It's my favourite pudgy cat stamp, inspired by my late great old friend, Jerzy the cat, who was 19 when he died last year.



I've been making chiyogami paper pendants and pins for awhile now, and decided to make some earrings too. I'll be making more next week, since I am quite pleased with how they turned out. Here's just a couple of samples:


The upcoming week-end will be really busy... tomorrow is our Spring Bazaar, a major fundraiser for our community center (where we practice our Japanese drumming and our second home!), so we will be there all day, and then our taiko group has a performance in the evening.

I volunteered to make six apple pies for the bazaar tomorrow, so I've got to go and get my apples now and start on that. My mom used to make a dozen pies for this annual event, so I've now taken over the pie-maker's role... can't make a dozen though. I think the last ones would turn out totally ugly since I'd be so sick of rolling out the dough.

Sunday, of course, is Mother's Day, my first without my mom. My sister and I will go to the cemetary in the morning and then she'll come over for brunch with my in-laws. I've had a bit of a tough week thinking about this, and remembering this time last year when Mom was in hospital. I have to also remember that she is now with my Dad and all her family, so I can imagine she will probably have a drink (so to speak) on Sunday, and we will drink an earthly toast to her :)

Have a good week-end everyone, and Happy Mother's Day !

No comments: