Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Busy is good...

This is a really busy week.

So this isn't going to be a very well written entry, sorry.

Listed a few new items in my Etsy shop, like the bracelet and necklace below. Spent the entire morning yesterday adjusting all my shipping fees (I've lowered them!) ; I'm going to have a spring shopping sale starting tomorrow, and I just decided to make it for an entire week! I think people are starting to think about Mother's Day now, so hopefully they will be planning some gift purchases...
Above: Memory wire bracelet with carved black jade focal, chrysoprase, dyed purple jade, olive jade, turquoise, sterling silver, wood and copper bells.
Below: Kiku pendant, made with chiyogami paper on polymer clay.

Did I say this was a really busy week?

I have a few hours worth of stuff to do today on the community newspaper I volunteer on, plus this month is our Spring Babies issue, and I volunteered my services to do the layout for this issue. Me and my big mouth. That'll be a few more hours this week. There's also my tax receipts that need compiling, a couple of orders to work on, some supplies I have to purchase. Hmmm, when it's written down like this it doesn't seem like much, but I feel like my head is going to explode.

I am also working on a custom order for someone who saw my photo pendants at a craft show, but who wants a larger size piece to hang on the wall. This is proving to be much more challenging than I originally thought. Upon seeing my stress and how I wolfed down my dinner last night so that I could go back to work on it some more, my husband said very simply,

"Why don't you stop taking those orders?"

I think I may listen to him ...

No comments: