Monday, June 28, 2010

Selecting fruit...

So we were at the grocery store yesterday and the bins of watermelons were out again - it IS the season, after all. It used to take me awhile to pick my melon, but I try not to think about it too much anymore and go with my gut feeling. I spotted the one I wanted which was on the other end of the bin, closer to Jean-François. I pointed to it and said "that one," to which the lady standing next to him promptly scooped it up and put it in her cart, turned around and rolled her way into the store.



We were stunned. Did she see my special melon-picking talent, or was she just too lazy to make her own selection? Was it something in human nature that made her do that, i.e., I must have that which someone else covets? I settled for my second choice melon, and - HA! - look at this perfect specimen that we cut into just awhile ago. Deeeelish!

Take THAT, you melon-stealing-can't-make-your-own-fruit-selection person! (not a whole lot to blog about this quiet Monday, as you can see - will have some production photos this week!)

No comments: