Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A day with my niece

Today, I took the day off and my niece, Amy, came over; for her birthday present from me and JF, she asked to spend the day with us! How flattering is that? I was quite surprised when she agreed to write today's post, so heeeeere's Amy...

We started off the day going grocery shopping to make a pizza and muffins. Then we got to the counter to pay for all the items and Auntie Sandra noticed that she forgot her credit card and all her money. It was quite embarrassing. When we finally paid we went home and Uncle J-F started making the pizza by making the dough. He put it in this machine that made it spin like a disgusting hairball! Meanwhile, while the "hairball" was getting ready, Auntie Sandra and I made some muffins.


It wasn't difficult at all and it ended up DELICIOUS! Then with the candy I got (I was in the hospital to get my appendix taken out and got a humungous bag of candy), we made a few names with the coloured candy.
After, we played a game of RACK-O. She beat me in the overall points, but I'll tell you that I could have beat her very easilly! After all the fun, the dough for the pizza was finally ready.


We shot all the vegetables and cheese on the dough. While Uncle J-F and I covered the pizza, Auntie Sandra took many pictures.

Then, when it was finally finished we put it in the oven, and watched the 15 minute show. The cheese on the crust was breathing!
Later, we ate it.
It was GREAT! We watched the movie "Enchanted" after that, with ice cream!
BY: AMY

Both JF and I loved "Enchanted" and Amy restrained herself from reciting all the movie's lines. We later played RACK-O again, this time with JF, who is not nearly as competetive as we are - Amy and I play to win. We had a quick dinner, did some computer stuff and watched a bit of tv before my sister came to pick her up. It was a chill-out, inside activity day since Amy is still recovering from her surgery. JF and I had as much fun as she did!

9 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

Loved the post!

Elise of Argyle Whale said...

Sweet post! Sounds like a good day.

picciolo said...

what a great post, how lovely that Amy wanted her present to be spending time with you. The pizza and muffins look delicious, and what a big pile of sweets! I haven't seen enchanted yet, think I will have to soon!
: )

Sarah McBride said...

what a fun day with your niece and what a great post about it!

Hey Harriet said...

What a delightful post from Amy! So sweet! & those muffins & pizza sure looked yummy. Sounds like a beautiful day had by all :)

jessicajane said...

yummy pizza! brings back memories of being little, my dad and us kids would make homemade pizza every friday....i really miss that homemade pizza....i can almost imagine the taste as i post this!

tatsuko said...

It was a great day - Amy is both funny (as you can see in her writing style) and generous.

I asked her what else she wanted for her birthday (besides the day with us), and she said, "Nothing - that was BIG." Love that kid :)

Rosebud Collection said...

What a great meal..everything looked so good..looks like everyone had a great time..

XUE said...

Konnichiwa! The writing genes must run in the family! Yes, we enjoy making pizza together with the kids too. It's never the same when only the adults are doing it. Not as fun!