Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Making ideas reality

Yeah, making ideas reality. Just do it. Easier said than done. I have all these ideas for new designs for pendants, sushi stuff, taiko stuff. Now I just have to make them instead of thinking of them all the time. I think I may sabotage myself by overthinking things. I'll stop thinking about that now.

Played taiko last night for a Kyoto Protocol Awareness event in downtown Montreal. Good crowd, which always makes it fun. We've got lots of performances coming up! Our group, Arashi Daiko, is also giving a workshop this week-end, a fundraiser for the upcoming North American Taiko Conference. Hey, there's something I didn't overthink (no time to!) and it's now a reality!

I made some pendants last week; these girls in their yukata turned out fine and I'm pleased.


I just listed these earrings in my Etsy shop, which remind me of caterpillars, but I had to wipe that out of my mind because I have a serious caterpillar phobia, which I am not ready to deal with yet! So they are called a very un-caterpillary, "Pomegranate Stacks." They do look juicy, don't they? (you can click on the images to the right to see what else is currently for sale)

I'll be having another sale in my Etsy shop in a couple of weeks, or sooner. Have to get cracking on making more ideas reality :) Would you believe me if I said I would write again soon, like in less than a week?

No comments: